CORAS Wellness and Behavioral Health, a premier source for quality health care and treatment for substance use and mental health disorders in Delaware, is seeking is seeking BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELORS IN WILMINGTON, DELAWARE.
Excellent Perks and Full-Time Benefits:
- Day Shift
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k, Life & Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Training & Career Advancement
- A Great Team Environment
- Competitive Wages
- We offer our team member DailyPay! Get paid if you need your earnings before payday!
- Wellness Program & more
Description of Position:
The Counselor is a credentialed behavioral health professional who provides clinical expertise to multidisciplinary treatment teams responsible for the delivery of effective treatment services to the clients served. The BHC is an effective clinician with experience in providing a variety of clinical services to persons with psychiatric and substance use disorders (PD & SUD), including the development of comprehensive assessments and treatment plans, delivery of a wide range of clinical and supportive services, and working collaboratively with the treatment team and other service providers. The BHC utilizes evidenced-based practices, including Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Trauma-Informed Care, Relapse Prevention, Self-help, and medication-assisted treatment, to effectively intervene and support wellness and recovery with clients experiencing behavioral health issues.
This position is equivalent to a Counselor I per Delaware Title 16 Health and Social Services Delaware Administrative Code State Regulation: 6001 §184.108.40.206
- Coordinates the provision of medical, psychiatric, and substance abuse services.
- Works with community agencies to develop needed resources.
- Provides integrated PD and SUD services to identified clients including creating, coordinating, and monitoring recovery plan and services provided by treatment team with a focus on goals determined by the individual being served.
- Provides individual, couple, family; and group therapy and coordinates services related to education, employment, housing, behavioral health, medical, and financial needs.
- Delivers effective wellness and recovery services in accordance with policies and procedures; state and federal regulations; and extant professional, ethical, and legal principles
- Uses evidence-based practices, including trauma-informed care, motivational enhancement therapy, relapse prevention, and medication-assisted treatment
- Uses a stage-wise treatment model that is non-confrontational and considers interactions between psychiatric and substance abuse disorders.
- Follows a harm reduction model, including individual and/or group interventions, focused on developing motivation for improving wellness and support recovery; developing skills to minimize problematic behavior; and recognizing the negative consequences of substance use and other problematic behavior.
- Provides ongoing assessment (e.g., stage of readiness to change, individual-determined problem identification).
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy, licensed eligible preferred (i.e., LACMH, LAMFT, LMSW) OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavior Health, Psychology, Human Services, or related field with at least three (3) years of supervised work experience in the substance abuse treatment field.
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), Certified Co-occurring Disorder Professional (CCDP), or Delaware behavioral health license (i.e., LPCMH, LCSW, LMFT).
- Must receive and maintain a satisfactory child abuse and criminal background investigation report.
- CPR and First Aid Certification
Who We Are: CORAS Wellness and Behavioral Health, Founded in 2021, is an affiliate of Apis Services Inc. CORAS (Championing Optimal Recovery Advancing Self-Sufficiency) provides a wide array of substance abuse and behavioral health treatment services, including but not limited to, MAT Services, Outpatient Services, Residentials Services, Sober Living Services, Primary Care Services, and other wellness and behavioral health services.